A Deluxe Apartment in the Sky

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Speechless - Well, not really

Ok, I have HAD IT.

What the fuck is going on in this country that Bill Clinton was nearly impeached for a blowjob, but GW, Rove, “Scooter,” and scariest of all, Cocksucker, er sorry, Dick Cheney have barely suffered the slightest of damage (except to their reputations, and even that is questionable) for no-bid contracts, flat out lying, leading some bizarre, never-in-a-million-years-could-it-be-justified war in Iraq, and supporting torture by CIA agents. But then Bush says it’s not that he’s really supporting torture, it’s just that he doesn’t want detainees to know what they cannot be subjected to. Excuse me, WHHHHHHHHHHAATTTTTTTTT????!!!!!!!!?????????

Ok, but I can even deal with that, given the utter lack of intelligence they have collectively and their genuine disregard for so many things American. I could go on, but this is probably a post for a day when I can be more organized and actually link you all to some of the shit these idiots try to (and most often do) get away with.

But what I can’t understand is the argument for “intelligent design.” And I’m not only picking on Kansas, cuz Bob “Bobblehead” Taft and cronies in Ohio also led a similar piece of shit legislation to allow this garbage to be taught, too. I’m not picking on people who choose to believe it, just don’t pass it off as science. Unless, of course, these same morons are willing to let me come into their churches and teach science. You can imagine how well THAT proposal would go over.

Whatever – I could write 30 pages on my utter disgust and disbelief for the whole anti-intellectual movement this country is migrating toward (or have we already arrived there, as I strongly suspect and fear?) but remember folks, anti-intellectualism usually breads fear, and fear breads nothing but paranoia, distrust, and all sorts of other unpleasantries, not the least of which is fascism.

I’m not saying that the people that lead the country or want to teach creationism ARE fascists (they’d have to have understand the word and be able to spell it first), only that each successive step they achieve, even though the steps are probably not intentionally some widespread master plan, I AM saying that I simply cannot believe we’re going back 50+ years in our thinking. Think McCarthy-style paranoia and witch hunting, only instead of relatively high-profile political figures, Big Bro is going after private citizens [think I’m kidding? Check out the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s insights on the PATRIOT act (and yes, PATRIOT is actually an acronym… go look it up online sometime)]. Scary stuff.

Ok, well, this has been horribly disorganized, but please, for the love of Country, next time you vote, read up on your candidates a little more, and if you don’t vote, you should be locked in a cage with a history book until you understand how important it is.

Done.

Tonight's post has been brought to you by the Constitution of the United States of America, which has apparently been completely forgotten by (or unknown to, as the case may be) our leaders.

4 Comments:

At 12:13 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Holy Moly

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Flan said...

Didja follow all that ranting?

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

You lost me at "utter"

Although I did skim bits and pieces, and my husband truly enjoyed the "Bobblehead" Taft comment. He calls him "Boob" Taft, but still got a kick out of yours.

Did you see Cleveland has a new mayor?

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

PS: On Tuesday when I went to vote, I was utterly disgusted at the lack of people at the polls. Don't we realize that voting is a PRIVELEDGE? It's really pathetic.

Oh, and sidebar, if you don't vote, DO NOT complain about the way the world is!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home