A Deluxe Apartment in the Sky

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Lightsabers, Star Wars, and Me

About 10 years ago (side note: it is truly insane that this was 10 years ago… I can’t believe it), I was dating this absolutely great girl. She shares a name with a famous 70s rock singer, who, coincidentally, now happens to be very popular among gay men, or so I understand. She looked absolutely nothing like the singer (thankfully), but definitely had her attitude, sarcastic style, etc etc. We're still close friends, and she still cracks me up.

But, as usual, I digress.

Let me back up a couple steps. For those that don’t know, I have, unfortunately, a pretty damn hairy chest. If I had the money, I’d have it all lasered off, but that shit is NOT cheap and it IS painful (yes, I know from experience, which is a post for another time). Anyhow, bottom line is,
Chewbacca and I probably share some DNA somewhere along the line. I’ve finally learned to live with it, but for a long time, I was exceptionally insecure about it, and it actually probably contributed to my (oh, boy, confession time) late loss of virginity.

At one point while C and I were together, she was staying at her cousin Patty’s house. Patty was a big, beautiful woman. Well, actually, she wasn’t that beautiful, but she was certainly big and hilarious, and had an infectious laugh, and had boobs big enough that she could have shared them with like 3 women, seriously. And in Patty’s house, C and I did it in almost every room (or at least that’s how I like to remember it). It was definitely a good part of my life. And, surprise, again, I digress.

C had a son, K, about maybe 20 months old during this part of our relationship (no, not mine, for you inquiring, gossipy little bitches). And on one particularly awesome, beautiful summer day after work (C and I worked together), I was holding her son while we were getting ready to go outside. I only had on a t-shirt, typically hot, humid summer Cleveland day. It dropped down a little bit, showing off the oh-so-sexy chest hair, and K just grabs a fistful, looks up at me, then C, then Patty. He smiles really big, like he’s about to say something really declamatory and important, and says (are you ready for this?):














“DOGGIE!!!!”


Needless to say, all of us were laughing, them at me, me at myself out of sheer embarrassment. Alas, this has become quite a good memory over the years.

So, yeah, that didn’t do a whole lot to make me more secure about my chest, but you know, it’s pretty damn funny looking back.




To the whopping 3 or 4 people that actually read this shit, have a great weekend, and I'll see you all at Christmas.


Tonight’s post has been brought to you by
Jessica Alba.

7 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

FIRST Mother Bitches!

Oh my God, thanks for making me laugh OUT LOUD!!!

This post was totally worth the wait!!

Let me just now say this: Dan, you have NOTHING to be embarrassed about. Men are SUPPOSED to have hair. I'm sure you feel like you are the hairest mo-fo alive, but I'm sure you are not.

What's embarrassing is when you are a little (Italian) girl, and you have one giant unibrow, hairy arms, and a mustache and partial goatee. Women are NOT supposed to have hair. We're supposed to be hair-free.

It ain't fun plucking, waxing, bleaching, etc. But when you're 10 and some boy tells you that your unibrow is disgusting and makes comments about your 'stache, you learn quickly to remove all hair from your body. And if you think removing hair from your chest is painful, try your face.

I know, I know, you shave your face. But imagine PLUCKING your face. Yeah, it freaking hurts.

So, in short, let me just say this - hairy chests are signs of varility and A LOT of women find them sexy. Embrace your testosterony, manly, beefcakeness, and move on. Or, slather on the shaving cream and get a Bic. It's cheap, relatively painfree, and it works.

Either way solves your problem. So pick one and deal.

PS: I think you should have titled your post "If I could turn back time..." Get it? Cher... 10 years ago... Oh nevermind...

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Flan said...

Lolo, thanks for having faith and still checking in once in a while! Can't wait to see you over the holidays, hopefully.

Let's exchange hairy tales of woe sometime :)

Flan

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

I'm so excited you'll be home for the holidays. Maybe we can wax each other's backs??

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Flan said...

Nice! LOL. Yeah, good times.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Melanie was here said...

I have to do my 'stache. I feel your pain. I would LOVE to have my legs lasered. Such a pain in the arse shaving every day...which I never do!

Can't wait to see you at Christmas!

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Lo Lo Lova said...

Flan, I can attest to the fact that she does not shave every day.

{shiver}

I saw it first hand yesterday.

 
At 7:58 AM, Blogger Molly said...

*lol* that is a great story! And, I agree with lo lo Men are supposed to have hair......it is nothing to be embarrased about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home